Tuesday, September 12, 2006

purpose

Jolyn finally came back today, briefly. I don't recall what I said but she threw a handful of newspaper articles at me and stormed back out. She didn't even stay long enough to say hello or goodbye. It was very unlike her.

I think I may understand though. She was afraid. The articles she brought back were all about terrible things that have happened around the world in the past few years. She must have been collecting them for quite some time. She has never asked why I am caged here so deep in the earth, but I think she knows. She knows how Vinola died and that I was more than a tad upset. But I have never spoken to her about what the prophesies say I will do.

Then again, the way people keep fucking up the world, I may not be needed after all. What good is an ancient Daegyn-Rok when every being acts as a destroyer?

I can almost hear Jolyn's argument. She sounds a lot like C when she speak up in the defense of men. "They have their good sides. Not all or even most are evil." That may well be true but when evil is allowed to walk among the good without restraint then all is lost. Those same good people will turn away from an unfair lynching, will shun a man for his poverty, will punish men whose only guilt is illness. It is true they may not be evil, but they perpetrate it damn well.

The day after Jo left the first time, I roasted the CD player, so the caverns echo with sounds of the underground river. That monotonous rush of sound dulls some of my emotions. Now, I'm not even sure what I was so angry over. I just wish Jo would come back. The cave is far too lonely without her. Without her the only company I have is my memories and those bring nothing but pain.

That's not exactly true. There were a few good times. Perhaps I will try to dwell on those for a while. Vinola. Everything about her was good. Even when she kicked my ass, I loved her more than the breath she stole with her kiss or her kicks. I still love her. Someday I will find her.

The other bright spot was Grant. I wonder what ever happened to the old rascal. Maybe I should have Jolyn look him up for me. If she ever comes back...

J ~ dreaming of better days...

No comments: