Monday, June 09, 2008

What happened and the shit that hit the fan

The visit the other day from the Lord of Darkness raised a shitload of issues. Besides me being a pissed off asshole.

Let me start at the beginning. He came to speak with Jolyn, not me. The topic that they thought would be better off not for my ears was Jolyn's mother and her interest in meeting Jo.

After a blew up a few more pieces of furnature I listened, really fuckin listened to what Jo was saying. She wanted to meet her mother. She wanted to meet the woman who cast her aside as an infant in a trade for power. She wanted to meet the crazy bitch face to face. What for I still don't understand. What I do know is that she made only one demand, that it be here with me.

It was about that time that I think her words sank into my think brain. She needed me. I was already here, part of her life and she needed me to be there for this big moment too. I offered to barbique the witch for her, but she made me promise to control my temper and let her do this.

The coming of Ragnarock couldn't be more trying. I mean how am I supposed to accept this woman back into my life even if it is vicariously through Jolyn? She betrayed me, bartered my child to my enemy and had the gall to do it all while pretending to give a shit about what I wanted. After pleeing my case with Jolyn for two days, I conceeded. Her mother came today. She walked right into my cave and sat down with my daughter drinking my fucking tea.

I stayed back and kept my many violent opinions to myself. I did however listen to every word said.

I expected her to use her slippery tongue to twist Jolyn's affection. She didn't. Mostly she listened to Jo, asking questions about her life, both before she foudn me and since. She didn't comment on me or our past. I was surprised. After about an hour, she got to the meat of her visit. She apologized to Jolyn and to me for her actions so long ago.

My suspicious nature says it might all be a trick, some devious opening to a malicious plan. But I didn't sense any subterfuge from her. I did sense remorse and much longing.

I wonder if perhaps she has grown up... Perhaps I expected too much from the girl so long ago. She'd been little more than a child herself when she was given to me as a sacrifice. Has she grown more wise? If so perhaps she and Jolyn may be able to salvage some kind of relationship.

I do have one terrible fear though. What if she is only here to finish her bargain? What is my father is still after Jolyn? If he is... If he is still controling this woman, then I fear what will come next. When she took my child from me the first time, I was devastated. Now that I know Jolyn and love her more than life itself... Now there would no imprisoning stone nor even fire in hell that could stop me from vengeance.

Let rain the destiny of all the worlds (in other words - bring on the shitstorm). I will watch you Mia and I will watch over my children with more diligence than ever before.

J

No comments: